Seasonal scallops are plump and flavorful. Seasoned with soy sauce and butter, the seared scallops are quite rich alone. So it’s recommended to enjoy with lots of greens and a touch of citrus.
12 fresh scallops
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 oz of greens
Fresh ground black pepper to season
1) Remove the small side muscle from scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel.
2) Place saute pan over medium high heat and add butter. When butter turns slightly brow, add the scallops. Make sure they are not touching each other.
3) Sear scallops for 1 minute on each side.
4) Add soy sauce and shake the pan to make sure soy sauce goes around the scallops evenly.
5) Serve them immediately over the greens. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper.
6) Squeeze lemon over right before eating.